sabato 22 febbraio 2014

The new Pizzica in Fulham

Pizzica is a small successful Italian restaurant in Fulham, the owner is from Puglia a region in south of Italy. A few months ago they opened a new restaurant in fulham road and I was very keen to try it.
When we arrived I immediately liked the environment, there are wood tables with a small flower on each of them, there is soft music and the restaurant is painted with warm colours. They make home made bread, the same kind of bread you would eat in Puglia and pizza. We ordered two starters, burrata and carpaccio. Both of them were quite good even if carpaccio was not a proper one in fact it was coppa which is a kind of salami from Italy. As main course I ordered ravioli with monk fish and asparagus and my friend ordered pappardelle with porcini mushrooms. I tried both of them, pappardelle was cooked with tomato sauce and probably butter, it's not easy yo make it right, sometimes it can be too dry but this one was perfect and delicious. Sadly I didn't like my dish, ravioli were crispy which doesn't make sense and provably seafood was not fresh as I can taste the fresh one. From my point of view a restaurant shouldn't serve seafood unless it's fresh from a monger fish.
We also ordered espresso and tiramisu as desert which was very good. We didn't drink any wine and the bill was 43£. Overall I was not impressed, provably I choose the wrong dish but I expected more, next time I want to try pizza there because it looked good.
Rate:7 out if 10.
Link: La Pizzica


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento