sabato 8 marzo 2014

Pizza at the pub

I passed by Bird in Hands many times and I was quite attracted by this pub, which I think looks nice.
I read on internet there is a new Italian management and they make pizza, I thought that is a bizarre choice for a pub and a lot of time passed before I decided to try it.
I finally decided to go there for dinner a few days ago when a friend of mine told me he dined there and the pizza was very good.
When I arrived I was surprised to see the pub was crowded and full of English people. We had to wait a little bit before being able to sit even if it was almost 10pm.
Tables are maybe too close to each other, there is a soft music in background, soft light and a young environment. Sits are comfortable and the staff are friendly.
The menu contains a list of at least 8 pizzas plus starters and main courses. English dishes like soup and steak are there and the menu also contains a list of Italian fusion dishes.
I wanted to try pizza so we had one Margherita to share and after I had homemade gnocchi with cavoulflower, cheese and nuts. It was a very original dish, gnocchi were very soft, tasty and well cooked. Pizza was good to be served in a pub but there is room for improvement.
They have a good wine list and I had a glass of Portuguese white wine which I enjoyed.
We spent 25£ each which is a fair price. I will definetey  go again to try all other interesting dishes on the menu.
Rate: 8 out of 10.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento