lunedì 1 luglio 2013

About Thyme, is that a good restaurant?

We choose it because reviews were quite good and the place where we wanted to go was full. We sat upstairs where the environment is a bit more posh, there are white table covers while there isn't any downstairs. There was a set menu available where you can chose one starter and one main course in a set of 5 or 6. The price of a set menu is 21£. We went for it, I choose a starter made with peppers and mushroom but I couldn't taste any mushroom it was more likely a red pepper cooked in the oven filled with some Philadelphia cheese. I had a risotto with mushrooms which is a typical choice of mine, not because I want to eat Italian food but because I believe that if a cook puts it on its menu and the price is so high then the risotto has to be cooked properly otherwise what's the point of cooking a so difficult dish? Well I had good risotto in some English places but this one won't end up in that list. They didn't put cream which is good but it was extremely overcooked. One of my friends had salmon steak which was good but I can cook salmon steak at home, and others had chicken with potatoes and spinach and they said it was good.
Deserts were ok, I tried cream brulé but I had better cream brulé somewhere else and my friend had a cheese cake with berries and that was actually good.
Overall I would have expected more from this place at this price. We also had 2 glasses of red wine.
We spent 35£ each which I think is not cheap.
Rate: 5 out of 10.
Link: About thyme

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento